I am a little late to the party but, better late than never!
1. Are your fire inspectors certified as building inspectors? Currently not appointed by Council, but BCIN qualified
2. Do your fire inspectors conduct plans review? Yes, when CBO requests it
3. Do your fire inspectors conduct inspections on new construction / alterations (building permit issued)? Yes, When CBO requests assistance – generally all Part 3 buildings, fire alarms systems, sprinkler systems etc.
4. Does your building department pay the wages of your fire inspectors that do plans review? (Are they paid an hourly rate by the building department for their services?) No
5. Does your building department cover the cost of BCIN courses, building codes, exams and annual certification? No