The Municipality of Port Hope is a remarkably picturesque community located on the shore of Lake Ontario and nestled in the Northumberland Hills, approximately 100 Km east of Toronto. With a population of 16,500, the Municipality is an active, vibrant, healthy, and caring community, offering a wonderful blend of rural and urban lifestyles and magnificent historic architecture. Learn more about us at www.porthope.ca
Purpose of the Position:
The Fire Prevention Inspector is responsible for: conducting regular fire safety inspections and specialized inspections for new and existing structures; maintaining reports and records; communicating corrective measures to ensure premises meet or exceed the requirements of the Ontario Fire Code / relevant legislation; performing investigations and documenting findings for legal proceedings; and leading public education programs.
- Possess a post-secondary degree or diploma in Fire Protection Technology or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Possess NFPA 1031 Fire Inspector and Plans Examiner Level 1 certification with the ability to obtain NFPA 1031 Level 2 certification.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain NFPA 1035 Fire and Life Safety Educator, Public Information Officer, Youth Firesetter Intervention Specialist and Youth Firesetter Program Manager Professional certification.
For more details on this position, please visit the Municipal website at www.porthope.ca, in the Careers section.
Hours: Full-time, Permanent, Non-Union; thirty-five (35) hours per week
Compensation: $52,652 – $63,991 per annum.
Benefits: Eligible for enrolment in the group Health, Dental and Life Insurance benefit plan after three months and eligible for enrolment in the OMERS Pension Plan upon hire.
Application process: Please submit your resume on or before Sunday June 24, 2018 via:
- On-line Resume submission at Municipality of Port Hope
- Email: HR@porthope.ca.
- Mail:Human Resources Manager
Municipality of Port Hope
56 Queen St., Port Hope ON L1A 3Z9
The Municipality of Port Hope thanks all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment. The Municipality of Port Hope is an equal opportunity Employer. Work accommodations are available, upon request, in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.