The Town of Pelham Fire and By Law Services is now accepting applications for the following position:
Fire Prevention Officer (FPO)
Reporting to the Fire Chief, the FPO is responsible for all aspects of the Fire Prevention and Public Education activities that include: life safety education programs for the Town of Pelham; planning, organizing, coordinating and conducting inspections, enforcement of Codes and complaint follow-ups, conduct fire investigation to determine cause and origin in conjunction with other officers.
The successful candidate will possess:
• a Secondary School Diploma;
• Ontario Fire College Fire Prevention Officer Program Certification or equivalent, NFPA 921-Fire and Explosion Investigator Certification (CFEI);
• Public Fire and Life Safety Educator Certification (NFPA 1035, Levels I & II);
• a sound knowledge of the Ontario Fire Code, Ontario Building Code and other fire related protection standards, codes and regulations;
• proficient computer skills particularly with Microsoft suite of products;
• 5 years’ experience with demonstrated progressive growth;
• above average knowledge of municipal legislation;
• superior customer service skills.
• certification as a Public Fire & Life Safety Educator or post-secondary education in the field of adult education;
• Train-the Trainer experience and experience training children;
• a valid Class DZ Licence.
Salary: $66,014 – $88,293 (35 hours/week. May involve some evening and weekend shifts, in addition to being on-call for fire investigation purposes).
Resumes must be submitted directly to Brianna Langohr, Interim HR/Payroll Clerk at email@example.com by October 19, 2018 at 9:00am. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at 905-892-2607, ext. 315. Should you require any special accommodations in order to apply for a position or interview for a position with the Town of Pelham, we will endeavor to make such accommodations. We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit their resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act, all information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will only be used during the selection process for the subject posting.